Search This Blog

Friday 28 October 2011

Coke Vs. Pepsi

This drink is so good, I'm almost sure you can snort it.

  You walk into a restaurant, you sit down, your waitress says,  "Can I start you off with something to drink?" You say back,  "That would be delightful.  Can I have a glass of Coca-Cola please?"  She says, "Is Pepsi okay?"  You stand up and flip the table and yell back,  "God no; what kind of person do you think I am? I'd rather drink my own piss!"

Insistence!  Isn't it a great feeling?  Insistence is feeling so loyal to one product that you won't ever switch one for the other.  In this case, it is Coke vs. Pepsi.  I know...I know...you're thinking, 'why these products; they're practically the same thing!'  Coke just has more sugar and the can is red and Pepsi is blue.  Kind of like the Bloods vs Cripps.  But it's more than that it seems to me.

Coke advertising plan and way they advertise to me, just seems more real.  You can see that Coca-Cola is on top and Pepsi tries and tries to challenge Coke but Coke is so good at what it does, it's just way too hard to beat.

Coca-Cola was introduced in 1886...now that's a classic!  Pepsi trailed behind, starting in 1898 as something called 'Brads Drink' then switched in June 1903 to Pepsi-Cola.  Both companies were born in the United States.  Coke is sold in 200 countries around the the word.  We have Asa Griggs Chandler to thank for that, whose marketing tactics brought Coke to its dominance of the world soft drink market throughout the 20th century.

The famous Coca-Cola logo was created by John Pemberton's bookkeeper, Frank Mason Robinson in 1885.  Robinson came up with the name and chose the logos distinctive cursive script that everyone loves.  The typeface used, known as Spencerian Script was developed in the mid 19th century.

Pepsi has some history too but I have no desire to look it up anyway.  I'm sticking with Coke and only Coke because that's the drink I want to see more often in the hands of loyal soft drink  drinkers.

Coke has great taste and I hope you think so too and just remember if you want to open happiness, just have a Coke because Coke is it!

No comments:

Post a Comment