Search This Blog

Friday 21 October 2011

It's All About the Tie

Dear uniform, you look terrible, stained and worn.  I hate you. Except for the tie, that kept it classy.

I went to Regiopolis Notredame Catholic High School. The only colour tie I wore was garnet and gold, day in, day out.  I can't say I learned very much in high school, but if I learned anything at all during my 4 years there, it was "dress to impress".

When making a first impression with a potential employer, it is always a good idea to dress to impress. His or her judgment will start as soon as he or she sees what you're wearing. Thats why it's always important to dress for a job interview even if the work environment is casual.

What are some of the proper dress codes you might ask? Well there are a variety of do's and don'ts. More often than not, interview attire consists of a suit, long sleeve shirt, belt, tie, dress shoes, little to no jewelry, neat hair and a portfolio. Some don'ts would be a t-shirt and track pants or having no shoes at all (hint hint cool dudes, flip flops are a big no.) Also, don't bring your cell phone, Ipod or chew gum.

Make sure you dress to impress. You never know who's watching.  

No comments:

Post a Comment